- Ownership: Kuokuang Petrochemical Technology Co
- Website: http://www.kkptc.com.tw/
- Wiki Page:
- Location: Changhua County, Taiwan
- Capacity: 15 million tons/annum & 300,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Project Stage:
- Expected Completion: 2016
- Project Type:
- Project Summary:
- KPTC plans to develop its project in two phases.
- Phase-I is planning to construct two 150,000 barrel-per-day crude oil refinery plants, one 1.2 million ton per annum ethylene crack plant, one 1.5 million ton per annum aromatic hydrocarbon extraction plant, and 23 midstream and downstream petrochemical plants.
- Phase-II is planning to construct one 150,000 barrel-per-day crude oil refinery plants, one 1.2 million ton per annum ethylene crack plant, one 1.3 million ton per annum aromatic hydrocarbon extraction plant, 18 midstream and downstream petrochemical plants, 14 co-generation power plants, and an industrial harbor with 13 docks.
- Main Contractors
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- The project has been under consideration since the 1990s. Since it was first proposed, the site of the complex has been changed several times because of strong objections from local residents.
- The Impacts Analysis of Kuokuang Petrochemical Technology Co. (KPTC) on the Development of the Petrochemical Industry in Taiwan
- Factions clash at Kuokuang hearing