- Ownership: GS-Caltex (50% Chevron/ 50%GS Holdings)
- Website: http://www.gscaltex.com/
- Wiki Page: GS-Caltex Yeosu Refinery
- Capacity: million tons/annum & bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Project Stage: Completed
- Expected Completion: 2011
- Project Type:
- Project Summary: HOU (Heavy Oil Upgrade) plant, will enable the refinery to turn Atmospheric Residue from CDU (Crude Distillation Unit) or VR into higher value-added product such as gasoline, kerosene, and naphtha. In addition, the new HOU will maximize its efficiency by using cheap crude oil from high sulfur crude.
- Main Contractors
- GS Engineering: EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction).
- Vacuum Residue Hydrocracker - 60,000 bpd
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- The refinery can utilise cheap crude oil from high sulfur crude
- The refinery will be able to turn Atmospheric Residue from CDU (Crude Distillation Unit) or VR into higher value-added product such as gasoline, kerosene, and naphtha.
- 2008 - GS Engineering awarded epc contract
- 2011 - Project Completed
- GS E&C Awarded 750 billion won GS Caltex No.3 HOU
- Chevron Lummus Global Selected by GS-Caltex to Upgrade Yosu Plant