- Country: USA
- Production start: 1997
- Type: Oil
- Estimated Reserves: Oil in place has been estimated at more than 15 billion barrels
- Production Volume:
- West Sak is a shallow, viscous oil reserve situated above the Kuparuk reservoir.
- West Sak's core area contains 1.5 billion barrels of oil but the oil is cold, thick and difficult to produce.
- 1971 - West Sak oil field discovered
- 1997 - Funding for Phase 1 development was approved
- 1997 - The West Sak oil field began commercial production
- BP in Alaska
- ARCO Commits Funds for First Phase West Sak Development in Alaska
- ARCO Begins Commercial Production at West Sak Oil Field in Alaska