- Ownership: 55% Total / 45% Lukoil
- Website: http://www.trn.nl (Dutch)
- Location: Industrial East Flushing in Zeeland
- Capacity: 9 million tons/annum & 190.000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity: 9.8
- CDU - 190,000 bpd
- VDU - 59,500 bpd
- Hydrocracker complex - 68,000 bpd
- Catalytic Reformer - 26,300 bpd
- Hydrotreating - 48,000 bpd
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- 7 million tonnes of crude (crude oil) and 2.5 million fuel oil / heavy oil from other refineries.
- Gasoline, diesel, heating oil, jet fuel, LPG, naphtha, oil, raw materials for lubricating oil, solvents, kerosene, benzene, xylene and sulfur
- 95% of products by weight are distributed by ship.
- TRN also owns an interest in the Massvlatke Olie Terminal in Rotterdam, which is one of the largest oil terminals in the world.
- In 2009, Dow Chemical agreed to sell its stake to Valero. However, Total used its preemption rights to sell the stake to Lukoil instead.
- 1970- Total oil company decides to build a refinery in the Netherlands.
- 1973 - startup of the oil refinery complex distillation.
- 1980-2009: chemical company Dow Chemical has a stake in the refinery.
- 1986 - Startup of hydrocracker complex.
- 2009 - Valero makes an offer for Dow Chemical's shares, but is preempted by Total, who prefers to sell to Lukoil.
- 2009 - Dow sells his shares, oil company Lukoil is a new shareholder.
- Facts & Figures, Port of Rotterdam
- The Dutch Petroleum Industry Association (VNPI)
- Valero Energy Agrees to Acquire Interest in European Refining Assets
- Lukoil Completes Acquisition Of 45% In Oil Refinery In Holland