- Operator: Statoil
- Country: Norway
- Location: block 34/8
- Production start: 1999
- Partners: Petoro, Conoco, Total
- Type: Oil & Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- The Visund field is located in block 34/8, about 22 km north of the Gullfaks field on the Norwegian continental shelf.
- Production is from the Visund Floating Production Unit (FPU)
- The field initially produced only oil but the platform was altered, a gas pipeline was installed and gas production started in 2005
- The northern part of the Visund field is developed with a subsea template, about 10 kilometres north of Visund A
- The water depth at the work sites ranges from 190m to 335m.
- The oil is sent by pipeline to Gullfaks A for storage and export via tankers.
- Gas is exported through the Kvitebjørn gas pipeline and on to Kollsnes Gas Processing Plant, where the NGL is separated and the dry gas is further exported to the market.
- Construction of Visund Platform
- Design, construction and installation of two large modules - one containing equipment to increase gas injection rate and raise oil production, the other to allow gas exports
- Saipem: Pipelines - EPIC
- Subsea 7: detail design, fabrication and installation of riser base, protection structure, Pipeline End Manifold (PLEM) and tie-in spool of the Visund Gas Export System
- Emtunga: Mud laboratory
- Emerson: Design, configure, and install the new safety and automation systems
- 1996 - PDO awarded for the project
- 1998 - Platform installed on the field
- 1999 - Oil production launched
- 2002 - ABB awarded modules contract
- 2005 - First gas produced
- 2013 - Emerson awarded Contract to Upgrade Automation
- The Visund field contains oil and gas in several tilted fault blocks with varying pressure and liquid systems.
- The reservoirs are in Middle Jurassic sandstones in the Brent Group and Lower Jurassic and Upper Triassic sandstones in the Statfjord and Lunde Formations.
- The reservoirs lie at a depth of 2 900 - 3 000 metres.
- Jotun FPSO References
- Saipem Europe Pipeline References
- Emtunga Europe Offshore Platform References
- Subsea 7 Announce the Visund Award from Statoil
- ABB wins US$ 80 million order for North Sea oil platform
- First gas from Visund
- Emerson Wins $33 Million Contract to Upgrade Automation on Statoil Platform in Norwegian North Sea