- Operator: Statoil
- Country: Norway
- Location: North Sea
- Production start: 1989
- Partners: Petoro AS 37.00 %, RWE Dea Norge AS 13.50 %, Statoil Petroleum AS 18.00 %, Talisman Energy Norge AS 27.00 %, Wintershall Norge ASA 4.50 %
- Type: Oil & Gas
- Estimated Reserves: Original
- 54.1 million Sm³ oil
- 5.7 billion Sm³ gas
- 2.0 million tonnes NGL
- Production Volume: 2013E
- Oil: 11 000 barrels/day
- Gas: 0.33 billion Sm³
- NGL: 0.11 million tonnes
- Veslefrikk is an oil field located about 30 kilometres north of Oseberg in the northern part of the North Sea. The water depth is about 185 metres. The field is developed with two facilities, Veslefrikk A and Veslefrikk B. Veslefrikk A is a fixed steel wellhead facility with bridge connection to Veslefrikk B. Veslefrikk B is a semi-submersible facility for processing and accommodation.
- It is the first development off Norway to use a floating production unit
- An oil pipeline is connected to the Oseberg Transport System (OTS) for transport to the Sture terminal.
- Gas for export is transported through the Gassled system to Karsto Gas Processing Plant.
- Kvaerner: Drilling Jacket and Piles
- Saipem: Platform installation
- Fabricom: FEED study for the drilling upgrade
- Odfjell Drilling: Upgrading the drilling system
- 1989 - The field came on stream
- 2005 - Talisman acquires Paladin, getting a stake the field
- 2009 - Drilling upgrade FEED awarded
- 2011 - Odfjell Drilling awarded contract to upgrade the drilling system
- The reservoirs consist of Jurassic sandstones in the Brent and Dunlin Groups and the Statfjord Formation. The main reservoir is in the Brent Group and contains about 80 per cent of the reserves. The reservoir depths are between 2 800 – 3 200 metres. The reservoir quality varies from moderate to excellent.
- Veslefrikk, Statoil
- NPD, Veslefrikk
- Saipem Fixed Offshore Production Facilities Project References
- Jotun FPSO References
- Kvaerner Platform References
- FoundOcean Europe Subsea References
- Talisman to Acquire Paladin Resources Plc for Pounds Sterling 1,218 Million 'C$2,521 Million'
- Odfjell Drilling wins EPC(I) contract on Veslefrikk
- Aibel job on Veslefrikk
- New contract for Fabricom's Front End Engineering division