- Operator: Total E&P Nigeria Limited
- Country: Nigeria
- Location: Offshore OML 138
- Production start:
- Partners: Nexen, Esso and Chevron
- Type: Oil
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- The Usan field is located approximately 62 miles (100 kilometers) off the coast of the Niger Delta in water depths of about 2,400 feet (750 meters).
- The project will utilize a floating production, storage and offloading vessel, the Usan FPSO with a storage capacity of two million barrels of oil and a maximum total daily production capacity of 180,000 barrels of crude oil.
- The development plan involves 23 subsea production wells and 19 water and gas injector wells
- The FPSO measures 320m in length, 61m in width, 32m in depth, and weighs 114,000 metric tons.
- Associated gas will be re-injected in the reservoir.
- Saipem: Engineering, procurement, construction, installation, pre-commissioning, assistance to commissioning and start-up of the subsea umbilicals (72 km), flowlines (61 km) and risers connecting the 42 subsea wells to the FPSO, along with the oil loading terminal, consisting of an offloading buoy and two offloading lines, and part of the FPSO
- Acergy: Fabrication, assembly and testing of eight manifolds and support structures, eight suction piles, twenty-three well jumpers and other subsea structures
- HHI: Fabrication of the FSPO
- Develop, manufacture and supply umbilicals and associated equipment
- Manufacture and supply the topside power, control, instrumentation and telecommunications cables for the FPSO
- 2002 - Usan Oil field discovered
- 2005 - Western extension discovered
- 2008 - Development Approval given for the Usan Project
- 2008 - Acergy awarded fabrication contract for subsea structures
- 2009 - HHI began building the FSPO
- 2012 - First oil produced
- 2012 - Total announces sale of 20% stake to Sinopec
- Offshore West Africa, Nexen
- Nigeria: New Extension Of The Usan Field Discovery
- Nexen Announces Development Approval for the Usan Project, Offshore Nigeria
- Saipem awarded new Offshore contract in Nigeria worth in excess of USD 1.3 billion
- Nexans wins a 42 million Euro subsea umbilical contract for Usan oilfield in Nigeria
- Acergy S.A. announces fabrication contract for its Globestar Yard in Warri, Nigeria
- Hyundai Heavy Begins Building $1.6 Billion FPSO in H-Dock.
- Nexans wins a 7 million Euro topside cable contract for Usan FPSO offshore Nigeria
- Chevron Confirms First Production from Usan Deepwater Field
- Nigeria: Total announces the sale of its participating interest in the offshore OML 138