- Ownership: Hunt Refining
- Website: http://www.huntrefining.com/
- Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Capacity: 3.6 million tons/annum & 72,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- The CDU has a capacity of 72,000 barrels per day
- The coker has a capacity of 32,000 barrel per day
- Hydrocracker - 15,000 bpd
- The diesel hydrotreater has a capacity of 15,000 barrel per day.
- Continuous Catalytic Reformer - 16,000
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- Local heavy crude.
- Hunt Refining Company markets gasoline and distillate fuels, supplies home heating oil and diesel fuel, and is a regional supplier of both paving and industrial grade asphalt.
- Products are partly distributed via the Colonial Oil Products Pipeline
- Hunt recently installed two new units at its Tuscaloosa, Ala. facility using the UOP CCR Platforming™ Process and the UOP Unicracking™ Process.
- The units will help to increase crude throughput by more than 30 percent to 72,000 barrels per day (bpd) and double production of gasoline and diesel.
- 2007 - Hunt refining settle pollution case with EPA
- 2008 - Refinery project launched
- 2010 - Expansion and upgrade project finished
- UOP Technology Helping Hunt Refining Co. to Double Gasoline and Diesel Output for the Southeastern U.S.
- Hunt Refining Settles Federal Air Pollution Case for $49 Million