- Ownership: HollyFrontier
- Website: http://hollyfrontier.com/
- List of HollyFrontier Refineries
- Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Capacity: 3.75 million tons/annum & 75,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Refining Depth:
- One half of a twin facility with Tulsa West Refinery
- Atmospheric Distillation
- Vacuum Distillation - 27,000
- Fluidised Catalytic Cracking - 26,500
- Catalytic Reforming - 22,000
- Scanfining Unit
- Naphtha - 20,000
- Gasoline - 22,000
- Diesel - 24,000
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products: 3.75 million barrels of tankage capacity
- This refinery complex sits in the Midwest region (PADD II), approximately 45 miles from the supply and storage hub at Cushing, Oklahoma, in a region that is well served by crude pipelines that deliver crude oil from Canada, U.S. onshore and the Gulf Coast
- This provides the Refinery the flexibility to optimize its crude slate and maintain lower crude inventories than a typical refinery
- Holly Corp are integrating the Tulsa Refinery west and east facilities that will result in a single, highly complex refinery having an integrated crude processing rate of approximately 125,000 BPSD, primarily by sending intermediate streams from one facility to the other for further processing.
- Pursuant to this plan, high sulfur diesel and various gas oil streams will be sent from the Tulsa Refinery west facility to be processed in the diesel hydrotreater and FCC units, respectively, at the Tulsa Refinery east facility.
- Various heavy oil streams will be sent from the Tulsa Refinery east facility to be processed in our coker unit at our Tulsa Refinery west facility.
- Various other streams such as naphtha, hydrogen and fuel gas will be shared between the two refinery facilities.
- Benham will help integrate piping interconnections at Holly's east and west refining facilities by performing tasks such as site preparation; utility relocation; foundation design and installations; and piping and structural steel design, fabrication and installation.
- 1910 - Texas Co., now Texaco, built the first towers for what is now the Tulsa East facility
- 2006 - Foster Wheeler Awarded EPC Contract for Delayed Coker
- 2009 - Holly acquired the 75,000 bpd Sinclair Tulsa refinery for $128.5 million with plans on integrating the two Tulsa refineries
- Refinery webpage
- The 2005 Oklahoma Refinery Report
- SAIC Awarded $27 Million in Contracts by Holly Corporation
- Refining in Tulsa
- Foster Wheeler Awarded EPC Contract by Sinclair Oil for Delayed Coker in U.S.