- Source: Hassi Rmel, Algeria
- Destination: Italy
- Length: 2,200 kilometres ( miles)
- Capacity: per day
- Status: Operating
- Also known as Transmed
- This 2,200 km gas pipeline links Northern Italy to one of the world's biggest natural gas reservoirs, Hassi Rmel Gas Field, located in the algerian desert.
- A 550 km long pipeline carries the gas from the Hassi R'Mel reservoir in Algeria up to the border with Tunisia where it is fed into the Transmed line.
- The arrival point in Italy is Minerbio, near Bologna in the Po Valley, where the gas enters the national gas distribution system.
- The line is 2,220 km long of which 370 km is in Tunisia with a diameter of 1,200 mm, 380 km is on the seabed with a diameter of 650 mm, and 1,470 km in Italy with a diameter of 1,200 mm.
- 1983 - First phase of the project completed