- Ownership: Valero
- Website: http://www.valero.com/
- Company Refineries: Valero Refineries
- Location: located about halfway between San Antonio and Corpus Christi, Texas
- Capacity: 5.0 million tons/annum & 100,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Refining Depth:
- A medium sized medium complexity refinery
- Atmospheric Distillation
- Vacuum distillation units
- Catalytic reformer
- Fluidized catalytic cracking unit (FCC)
- Hydrocracker unit
- Gas oil hydrotreater
- Hydrogen plant
- Alkylation unit
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- Connected to the Corpus Christi refinery complex by a 70-mile pipeline, which has the capacity to deliver 120,000 BPD of crude oil
- Crude from Eagle Ford Shale Oil Field in South Texas is replacing foreign crude at the refinery
- Liquefied petroleum gases (LPGs), propylene, gasoline, kerosene, jet fuel, diesel fuel, No. 6 fuel oil, petrochemicals and sulfur.
- NuStar Energy L.P.is investing in pipeline revamps and construction to supply crude from the Eagle Ford Shale Oil Field to the refinery.
- The pipelines will be completed in 2012
- 1974 - Operations at the refinery commenced
- 1978 - catalytic reformer added
- 1979 - Vacuum distillation unit was added
- 1981 - A fluidized catalytic cracking unit (FCC) and alkylation unit were added.
- 1990 & 1992 the crude unit was expanded again.
- 1991- A continuous catalytic reformer was added in .
- 1993 - A hydrocracker unit was built
- 1995 and 1996 - A gas oil hydrotreater and hydrogen plant were moved to the plant site
- 2002 - One of six refineries acquired in the purchase of Ultramar Diamond Shamrock
- Refinery Webpage
- Valero CEO says Eagle Ford crude use increasing
- NuStar, Valero Agree to South Texas Pipeline Projects Aimed at Increasing Transportation of Eagle Ford and Other Crude Sources