- Ownership: Hellenic Petroleum
- Website: http://www.hellenic-petroleum.gr/
- Location: Thessaloniki, North East Greece
- Capacity: 3.6 Million tons/annum, 72,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Refining Depth:
- The Thessaloniki refinery is a hydroskimming refinery (atmospheric distillation) which operates in conjunction with the Aspropyrgos and Elefsina refineries as an integrated production unit.
- Atmospheric Distillation, 72,000
- Vacuum Distillation 11,500
- Catalytic Reformer 10,000
- Light Naphtha Isomerisation 12,820
- Gasoil Desulphurisation 20,000
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- Total Capacity: 1,018 Thousand cubic metres
- Hellenic processes crude sourced mainly from, Saudi Arabia , Iran , Libya and Russia
- For Details see Thessaloniki Refinery Project
- The Refinery is currently being upgraded.
- Atmospheric distillation capacity to rise to 95 kbd (for medium-sulfur crudes) from 75 kbd currently
- New 15 kbd Continuous Catalytic Reformer, to increase current gasoline production by 50%
- Addition of 240 thousand m3 capacity crude tankage capacity, to ensure uninterrupted supply and flexibility in crude qualities processing
- It is the only refinery operating in northern Greece, and has the capacity of supplying both the local market and neighboring Balkan countries.The pipeline network between the Thessaloniki refinery and the OKTA refinery facilitates the crude oil supply of the latter.Petrochemical production units are in operation in the refinery complex.
- 2007 - Clean fuels project launched
- 2011 - Upgrading project completed