- Operator: Suncor
- Country: Canada
- Location: 350 kilometres southeast off the coast of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Production start: 2002
- Suncor Energy 37.675% (operator)
- ExxonMobil - 19%
- Statoil - 15%
- Husky Energy - 13%
- Murphy Oil - 10.475%
- Mosbacher - 3.85%
- Chevron Canada - 1%
- Type: Oil
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- Suncor Energy operates the Terra Nova field, which is located approximately 350 kilometres southeast off the coast of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Discovered in 1984, the field was the second to be developed off Canada’s East Coast. Production from the field began in 2002, through the use of a Floating, Production Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel, the Terra Nova FPSO
- The development has a total of 24 wells – 14 producers, seven water injection and three gas injection wells
- This was the first development in North America to use FPSO technology in a harsh weather environment.
- The field produces light sweet crude oil
- Fluor Daniel Canada, Inc.: The overall project manager provided engineering and construction services to the project.
- Maersk Company Canada Limited, a leader in the exploration for and production of oil & gas, shipbuilding, aviation, and electronic data process services.
- Bouygues Offshore, one of the world's largest construction conglomerates known for its unparalleled experience in the design and construction of concrete floaters, both semi-submersible and mono-hull.
- Emtunga: Additional LQ cabin module
- Subsea Technologies and Reservoir Team (START), an alliance between Schlumberger Oilfield Services Newfoundland, ABB Vetco Gray Canada and Baker Hughes Canada, will provide world-class integrated well services, well construction and subsea capabilities.
- Global Maritime: Warranty surveyor and marine consultant for infield pipelines and associated subsea structures
- 1984 - Terra Nova field discovered
- 1996 - Petro-Canada Selects Alliance Newfoundland To Perform Design Study
- 1997 - Environmental Assessment Agency granted approval
- 1999 - Husky issued Terra Nova Bonds were originally issued for U.S.$250 million
- 2002 - First production
- 2006 - Major overhaul of the FPSO
- Terra Nova, Suncor
- Emtunga Offshore Platform References
- Global Maritime Pipeline References
- Petro-Canada Selects Alliance Newfoundland To Perform Design Study For The Terra Nova Oil Field Development
- Terra Nova Review Panel Recommends Go-Ahead with Conditions
- Terra Nova starts producing
- Husky Energy Redeems Terra Nova Bonds
- Terra Nova back in production