- Operator: DNO
- Country: Iraq
- Location: Kurdistan region
- Production start: 2007
- Type: Oil / Gas
- Estimated Reserves: The gross volumes of oil in place are ranging from 0.9 to 1.9 billion barrels with a current expected value of 1.3 billion barrels
- Production Volume:
- The Tawke field covers an area of approximately 25 km by 3 km as defined by 3-D seismic
- The field contains oil of very low gas oil ratio (GOR), with API gravities between 25 and 27 degrees
- Wood Group: Engineering studies, detailed design, technical and operations support
- 2006 - The Tawke # 1 discovery well was drilled
- 2007 - Test production commenced in June
- 2009 - The tie- in of the Tawke pipeline to Iraq`s northern pipeline system was completed
- 2012 - Wood Group awarded engineering and project support services contract
- Two oil bearing reservoir horizons have been encountered. The upper reservoir horizon is of Tertiary age and the lower reservoir horizon is of Cretaceous age. The main hydrocarbon accumulation is assumed to be in the Cretaceous reservoir.
- The oil column is presently interpreted to be approximately 180 m in the Tertiary reservoir, and approximately 900 m in the Cretaceous reservoir. The oil water contacts have been estimated within a range of +/- 20 m.
- The two reservoir horizons in Tawke comprise of fracture carbonates systems, where the oil is trapped both in fractures and in the pore volume in the rock matrix. The fractures and the matrix pore volumes have been dealt with independently with respect to estimating the oil volume in place as well as recoverable oil volumes.
- Wood Group PSN expands in Middle East with Iraq contract
- DNO International Announces Successful Completion and Testing of Tawke-16 Well in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq
- DNO ASA - Revised reserve estimates on Tawke