Also known as TANECO
- Ownership: Tatneft
- Website: http://www.tatneft.ru/
- Wiki Page: TANECO Nizhnekamsk Refinery
- Location: Nizhnekamsk, Republic of Tatarstan, Russia
- Capacity: 7.0 million tons/annum & 140,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Project Stage: First phase is completed, whilst the rest is under Construction
- Expected Completion: 2011
- Project Type: Greenfield
- Project Summary: The new grassroots complex consists of an oil refinery, aimed at processing seven million tons of crude oil per year, a deep conversion complex and a petrochemical complex. The deep conversion complex includes aromatics units, a fluidised catalytic cracker, a distillate hydrocracker, a delayed coker and a gasification plant.
- The petrochemical complex will include purified terephthalic acid, polyethylene terephthalate, linear alkylbenzene and polypropylene units, plus the associated power generation plants.
- Main Contractors:
- Foster Wheeler: FEED
- Fluor: Providing project management services and select EPC services
- VNIPIneft: Development of technical documentation and support services for packaging and delivery of equipment installations hydrocracking, hydrogen production and oils.
- Lurgi: To manage Technology Coordination for Hydrocracker
- Giprogazoochistka: Detailed design for combined sulfur recovery unit
- Chevron Lummus Global: license for Isocracking technology
- Atmospheric Distillation
- Vacuum Distillation
- Fluidised catalytic cracker
- Hydrocrackers * 2 - Built by Izhorskiye Zavody, Licenced by Chevron Lummus Global
- Delayed Coker
- Visbreaking Unit - 2.1 Million tons / annum
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- Domestic Crude
- Supply will be through a newly built 118.2 km longoil pipeline, which is to connect TANECO with the oil pumping station "Kaleykino (Almetyevsk Region).
- The crude is heavy and sour.
- The plants of the Complex will produce 18 kinds of oil refining products from motor fuels of European quality to the components of raw materials to produce a wide range of highly demanded petrochemical products.
- 2011 - First production after completion of phase one
- 2011 - TANEKO refinery was granted a license by Rostechnadzor for operation of explosion-hazardous production facilities
- 2013 - The hydrogen unit was completed
- The rationale behind the project is to utilise the local heavy crude, rather than have to sell it at a discount.
- The refinery is actually being built in two stages, with the upgrading units to be added later on.
- Giprogazoochistka Refinery References
- Tatneft Downstream
- Chevron in Russia
- Izhorskiye Zavody complete unique shipment of petrochemical reactors for OAO TANEKO
- VNIPIneft signed a major contract for engineering services for the JSC TANECO (Russian)
- Taneco Project, Fluor
- Lurgi to manage Technology Coordination for Hydrocracker
- President of Russia Dmitry Medvedev Visited the Complex of Refineries and Petrochemical Plants in Nizhnekamsk
- Saipem Hydrogen Units
- TATNEFT Has Received the First Batch of Products at TANEKO Complex
- President of the Republic of Tatarstan, made a visit to TANECO Refinery
- TANEKO Has Become a Full-Fledged Player of the Oil Refining Industry Branch
- Heavy Equipment Was Mounted at the Construction Site of the Hydrocracking Installation
- Testing of Hydrogen Production Installation Has Been Started at "TANECO"