- Operator: Shell
- Country: Brunei
- Production start:
- Type: Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- The AMDP-09 platform complex is the biggest complex in South West Ampa Field
- The field supplies gas to the Brunei LNG Terminal
- Hyundai Heavy Industries: Amdp-30 - Platform & Pile, Conductor Pipeline : 3 Km, Power Cable : 3 Km
- MMCOG: Detailed Design for Ampa-9 HP Compressor Module
- 1963 - South West Ampa Field discovered
- 1965 - Production started
- The reservoirs are heterogeneous, stratified, fine to very fine grained deltaic sands with varying clay content, separated vertically by shales of great lateral extent. All sands silt-out northeastwards across the field. Typical permeabilities are 100-300 mDarcy (0.1-0.3 m2) at 25% porosity.
- There are some 625 reservoir units with STOIIP's ranging from 0.002 to 26.7 million m3, between 1,000 and 3,500 metres subsea.
- The Southwest Ampa oil is light (40° API, 825 kg/m3) with an initial low viscosity (0.35 cp), hence the mobility ratio is favourable. Initial solution gas/oil ratio (GOR) ranges from 70-2,300 m3/m3.
- In the deeper accumulations, most oil reservoirs have extensive gas caps with initially about one-half the hydrocarbon pore volume being gas filled.
- Southwest Ampa
- MMCOG Platform References
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Platform References
- FoundOcean Asia Subsea References