- Operator: Hess
- Country: Denmark
- Location: North Sea
- Production start: 1999
- Partners: Hess :57.48%, DONG (34.38%), Noreco (6.56%), Danoil (1.58%)
- Type: Oil & Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- The South Arne platform comprises a combined wellhead, processing and accommodation platform with an oil storage tank on the seabed and buoy loading facilities for oil.
- The processing facilities consist of a plant that separates the hydrocarbons produced as well as facilities for processing the oil, gas and water produced.
- The platform also houses equipment for water injection. In order to prevent the depositing of sparingly soluble salts in and around the injection wells, the seawater injected into the field is pre-processed. Thus, the sulphate ions are removed from the seawater prior to injection. The bulk of the produced water is injected into the reservoir.
- The oil produced is conveyed to an 87,000 m3 storage tank on the seabed. When the tank is full, the oil is transferred to a tanker by means of buoy loading facilities. The gas produced is transported through a gas pipeline to Nybro Gas Processing Plant on the west coast of Jutland.
- Dragados Offshore: Engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of two wellhead platforms, as well as the two jackets supporting these platforms
- Emtunga: Living quarters module & helideck
- Saipem: South Arne to Nybro Pipeline - T & I
- KBR: Detailed engineering
- IKM Testing: Pressure testing, bolt/torqueing, flushing and cleaning services for phase 3
- VWS Westgarth: Water Treatment
- FoundOcean: Grouting for South Arne III - WH
- 1995 - Hess discovered the South Arne Oil And Gas Field
- 1999 - Production started
- 2010 - Decision taken for phase 3 development
- 2011 - KBR Awarded Detailed Engineering for South Arne Phase 3 Project
- South Arne is an anticlinal structure, induced through tectonic uplift, which has caused the chalk to fracture. The structure contains oil with a relatively high content of gas.
- The South Arne Field, ENS
- Hess, Operations
- Appendix B: Producing fields, ENS, 2008 Report
- VWS Westgarth FPSO References
- FoundOcean Subsea References
- Emtunga Offshore Platform References
- Saipem Europe Pipeline References
- International Protective Coatings Platform References
- IKM Testing Spain signs a contract with Dragados Offshore.
- DONG Energy invests in further development of South Arne field
- KBR Awarded Detailed Engineering for South Arne Phase 3 Project by Dragados Offshore S.A.
- HESS awards a new contract to Dragados Offshore Puerto Real