- Ownership: Gazprom
- Gazprom holds a 51 per cent stake in the company, while Total and Statoil – a 25 and a 24 per cent stakes accordingly
- Website: http://gazprom.com/
- Location: Barents Sea shelf, about 600 kilometers northeast of the city of Murmansk, Russia
- Capacity: million tons/annum
- Status: Planned
- The Shtokman field is situated in the central part of the Russian sector of the Barents Sea. C1 reserves of the field make up 3.9 trillion cubic meters of gas and 56 million tons of gas condensate.
- The Shtokman field will become a resource base for building up deliveries of Russian gas both by pipeline and in the form of LNG
- Storage capacity:
- Constructor: CB&I: Feed Contract
Ongoing Projects/Project Status
- It is planned to take the final investment decision on pipeline gas production in March 2011 and the decision on LNG production – Phase 2 – before the end of 2011. Such an approach will enable to launch pipeline gas and LNG production in 2016 and 2017 accordingly.
Suppliers / Customers
- Suppliers: The Shtokman Gas Field
- 1988 - The Shtokman gas and condensate field was discovered
- 2008 - Gazprom, Total and Statoil (StatoilHydro then) signed the Shareholders Agreement on establishing Shtokman Development AG, a special-purpose company to engineer, design, construct, finance and operate Phase 1 facilities intended for the Shtokman field development.
- 2010 - CB&I Awarded Feed Contract
- The project was originally conceived as a way to supply the US gas market
- Shtokman, Webpage
- CB&I Awarded Feed Contract for Shtokman LNG Export Terminal Project
- Gazprom and Sovcomflot sign a Cooperation Agreement on Shtokman field LNG transportation
- Heads of Gazprom, Statoil and Total discuss implementation of the Shtokman project
- Heads of Gazprom, Statoil and Total discuss cooperation as part of Shtokman project