- Operator: Gazprom
- Production start: 2013
- Partners: Gazprom, Total, Statoil
- Type: Gas
- Estimated Reserves: 3.8 tcm of gas and circa 37 mln t of gas condensate.
- Production Volume:
- This field is located in the central part of the Russian sector of the Barents Sea shelf, about 600 km northeast of the city of Murmansk at local sea depths varying from 320 to 340 m.
- It is the world's largest offshore gas field
- The initial target consumers are in Europe and the USA. However, a current natural gas surplus in the USA is a major reason behind the postponement of the project.
- The gas will be supplied to the Russian network as well as to an LNG facility.
- Aker / Technip / SBM: Front End Engineering Design (FEED) for the Floating Production Unit (FPU)
- 1988 - Shtokman gas and condensate field was discovered
- 2008 - Gazprom, Total and Statoil (StatoilHydro then) signed the Shareholders Agreement on establishing Shtokman Development AG, a special-purpose company to engineer, design, construct, finance and operate Phase 1 facilities intended for the Shtokman field development.
- 2009 - Aker / Technip / SBM win contract for Front End Engineering Design (FEED) for the Floating Production Unit (FPU)
- Gazprom Information
- General Info From Statoil
- Total Press Release
- Information from Offshore Technology
- Project Information from the International Gas Union
- Aker Solutions awarded contract on Shtokman
- Gazprom continuing with Shtokman project implementation