- Previously known as Age Refining San Antonio Refinery
- Ownership: Calumet Specialty Products Partners
- Website: http://www.calumetspecialty.com/
- Location: San Antonio, Texas
- Capacity: 0.72 million tons/annum & 14,500 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Crude Distillation - 13,500 bbl/day
- Solvent Distillation Unit - 1,500 bbl/day
- The storage and distribution system of the refinery includes a tank farm of 162 tanks ranging in capacity from 40 to 10,000 barrels, two additive blend systems, a tank car loading facility and two transport loading systems.
- The unit was designed to process Sweet South Texas condensate or a blend of South Texas Condensate and South Texas Light Sweet crude with a gravity of 40 - 53 APT and sulfur of less than .05 % wt.
- Crude is also supplied from the Eagle Ford Shale. NuStar plans to increase the crude supplied from this source.
- Jet Fuel, Diesel, Fuel Oil & Solvents
- NuStar is upgrading safety at the refinery
- The company filed for bankruptcy in January 2010
- May 2010 - A truck exploded at the refinery
- In January of 1991 AGE Refining purchased the refinery from Howell Hydrocarbons.
- 2011 - NuStar Energy Agrees to Purchase Assets of AGE Refining
- 2012 - NuStar announced it was seeking a buyer for the refinery
- 2012 - Calumet Specialty Products announces agreement to acquire the refinery
- 2013 - Calumet announces agreement to
- NPRA United States Refining and Storage Capacity Report
- AGE Refining expecting to emerge from Chapter 11 soon February 2010
- AGE Refining wins $84 million DoD contract
- Texas Refinery Explosion Hurts Worker
- NuStar Energy Agrees to Purchase Assets of AGE Refining
- NuStar to Significantly Expand Its Presence in Eagle Ford Shale
- Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. Announces Agreement to Acquire San Antonio, Texas Refinery Assets from NuStar Energy
- Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. Completes Acquisition of the San Antonio, Texas Refinery Assets from NuStar Energy, L.P. for Approximately $115 Million
- Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. Expands Crude Oil Logistics Network