- Ownership: Northern Tier Energy (Western Refining)
- Website: http://www.ntenergy.com/
- Location: St Pauls, Minnesota
- Capacity: 4.5 million tons/annum & 97,800 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity: 11.5
- A small refinery with high complexity
- Refinery operations include crude fractionation, catalytic cracking, hydrotreating, reforming, alkylation, sulfur recovery and a hydrogen plant.
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- The refinery receives all of its crude supply via pipeline and processes predominantly Canadian and upper Midwest produced crudes.
- Crude is supplied via the Minnesota Oil Pipeline
- The product slate consists of gasoline, distillate, asphalt, heavy fuel oil, propane, propylene and sulfur. The refinery also makes low sulfur gasoline and ULSD.
- On the 19th May 2010, Marathon Oil Corporation today announced that it has entered into a non-binding Letter of Intent with ACON Investments, LLC, NTR Partners LLC and TPG Capital, L.P. for the sale of most of Marathon's Minnesota downstream assets.
- These assets include the 74,000 barrel per day St. Paul Park refinery and associated terminal, 166 SuperAmerica convenience stores along with the SuperMom's Bakery (a baked goods supply operation), SuperAmerica Franchising LLC, interests in pipeline assets in Minnesota and associated inventories.
- The St. Paul Park refinery, built in 1939,
- 1970 - The refinery was acquired by Ashland Inc. in from Northwestern Refining
- 2005 - It became fully owned by Marathon
- 2006 - The refinery is awarded the ENERGY STAR
- 2010 - Marathon announced the sale of the refinery
- 2013 - Minor fire in the FCC
- 2013 - Western refining announces acquisition of a stake in the refinery
- ENERGY STAR Plant Profile, Minnesota Refining Division
- Marathon Signs Letter of Intent for Sale of Minnesota Downstream Assets
- Marathon Signs Definitive Agreements With ACON Investments and TPG Capital For Sale Of Minnesota Downstream Assets
- Sale of Marathon Minnesota Downstream Assets Transaction Closes
- Northern Tier Energy provided an operational update on its Saint Paul Park refinery
- Western Refining Acquires Ownership Interests in Northern Tier Energy LP
- Northern Tier Announces Unplanned Maintenance on the Saint Paul Park Refinery No. 2 Crude Unit
- Western Refining Makes Offer to Acquire All Publicly-Traded Units of Northern Tier Energy LP