- Ownership: Saggas
- Unión Fenosa Gas, RREEF Alternative Investments, Endesa Generación and Oman Oil Holdings Spain
- Website: http://www.saggas.com/
- Location: Port of Sagunto, Valencia, Spain
- Capacity: 7.6 million tons/annum
- Status: In Operation
- The plant, with an initial capacity of 6.8 bcm/year, has all the infrastructure required for unloading methane tankers, storage, regasification of LNG and consignment of natural gas to the network, and also has a tanker-truck loading facility
- Storage capacity: 4* 150,000 cubic metre tanks
- Unloading capacity:
- Send out (regasification) capacity: 1.000.000 Nm3/h
- Constructor: The construction of the infrastructure was undertaken by a U.T.E, formed by the companies ACS Servicios, Comunicaciones y Energía S.L., Sener Ingeniería y Sistemas S.A., TOYO KANETSU K.K., DYWIDAG International, GMBH and OSAKA GAS ENGINEERING.CO; LTD.
- DYWIDAG: Full containment tank, Design & Engineering & Prestressing
- The terminal was recently expanded.
- It was completed in 2011
- The fourth tank and a sixth vaporizer were the second expansion of the Saggas facility, with an investment of 125 million euros.
- Half of the cost of expansion was financed by EIB
Suppliers / Customers
- 2003 - Construction of the terminal began
- 2006 - Commercial operations started
- 2010 - Osaka Gas buys 20% stake
- 2011 - The expansion project is completed
- -The building work began on the Sagunto Regasification Plant in 2003 and has required an investment of 340 million euros. The building work has taken 3 years and has involved more than 4,000 workers.
- The Sagunto regasification plant is a basic energy infrastructure for the Spanish State, as it satisfies to up to 23% of the gas demand throughout the country.
- DYWIDAG LNG Tank References
- Osaka Gas Engineering awarded a contract for a new LNG terminal in Spain
- Saggas Raises The Dome Of Its Fourth LNG Storage Tank
- DYWIDAG Post-Tensioning and Reinforcement Systems secure Liquid Natural Gas Tanks in Sagunto
- Sagunto LNG Plant – III - TEN
- Osaka Gas participates in LNG terminal business in Spain
- LNG REGASSIFICATION PLANT AT SAGUNTO (VALENCIA)
- Saggas Connects Its Fourth Tank Up To The National Gas System