- Ownership: Rosneft
- Website: http://www.rosneft.com/
- List of Rosneft Refineries
- Capacity: 17 million tons/annum & 340,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity: 5.5
- catalytic cracking unit,
- vacuum gas oil hydrotreating,
- sulfuric acid production,
- Lubes Unit
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- Euro III Gasoline,
- Lube oil,
- Jet Fuel
- Diesel fuel
- As of 2007, the refining depth was 63%
- 1960 - 19 October, Production of motor gasoline began at the Ryazan Oil Refinery (which was the company’s official name until July 2002)
- 1961 - Gas sweetening plant added
- 1962 - Sulphur recovery unit commissioned
- 1993 - The refinery was turned into a joint-stock company
- 1995 - It became part of TNK.
- 2000 - EX-IM Bank awards loans to finance refinery modernization project by ABB Lummus Global and other US companies
- 2001 - RORC’s central processing unit — the catalytic cracker – was upgraded, boosting its productivity from 900,000 to 2.5 million tons of oil per year.
- 2002 - Ryazan Oil Refinery was restructured to form CJSC Ryazan Oil Refining Company
- 2003 - The refinery became part of TNK-BP
- From 1999 to 2002,
- Phase 1 of an extensive program of renovation work was carried out, affecting all the company’s main process units, from primary refining to hydro treatment and dispatch.
- Upgrading work on the three primary oil refining units, including installation of an automatic control system, has resulted in an increase in output of high-quality motor fuel, and improved environmental and safety standards.
- Two diesel-fuel hydro treatment units have also been modernized and new types of diesel processing have been introduced, and a boiler-house has been built.
- To reduce its environmental impact and cut hazardous atmospheric emissions the sulfuric acid unit was also upgraded. The selective oil hydro treatment unit was completely renovated, and the hazardous solvent phenol was replaced by a nontoxic biodegradable alternative.
- 2005 - A vacuum gasoil hydrotreatment unit and alkylization facility began operation.
- 2007 - In record quick time, the Ryazan Oil Refining Company upgraded 17 of its facilities simultaneously – a unique project in the history of RORC.
- 2008 - RORC began producing Euro-5-standad diesel fuel with a sulfur content of no more than 0.001%. Also that year, an ultraviolet effluent disinfection unit was installed in the company’s biological treatment station to make the treatment process more modern, environmental friendly and safe.
- 2012 - TNK-BP Upgraded Its Ryazan Oil Refinery To Production Of 95 Gasoline At The Highest Euro-5 Standard
- 2012 - TNK-BP announces it will Invest $45 Million To Cut Emissions
- 2013 - Rosneft acquires TNK-BP
- Refinery Webpage
- Giprogazoochistka Refinery References
- EX-IM Bank Approves Financing For U.S. Oil Industry Exports To Russia's Tyumen Oil Company
- Refinery Company Website (In Russian)
- Transforming Ryazan refinery Foster Wheeler
- Ups And Downs Of The Russian Downstream
- Commissioning of the complex vacuum gasoil hydrotreater Ryazan (Russian)
- ABB signs US$ 200-million orders to modernize Russian refinery
- TNK-BP Upgraded Its Ryazan Oil Refinery To Production Of Ai-95 Gasoline At The Highest Euro-5 Standard
- TNK-BP To Invest $45 Million To Cut Emissions
- TNK-BP To Invest $60 Million In Construction Of Hydrocarbons Sulfur Removal Facility At RORC
- Rosneft and BP Complete TNK-BP Sale and Purchase Transaction