- Ownership: Petro Rabigh (Saudi Aramco & Sumitomo)
- Website: http://www.petrorabigh.com/
- Location: on the Red Sea Coast, Saudi Arabia
- Capacity: 20 million tons/annum & 400,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Refining Depth:
- A large refinery, with high complexity and integrated petrochemicals
- Atmospheric Distillation
- Vacuum Distillation Unit: 204,000 BPSD.
- VGO Hydrotreater: 120,000 BPSD (Licensor:AXENS).
- Hydrogen Production: 73 MMSCFD.
- HDS: 62,000 BPSD.
- C4 Alkylation Unit: 22,611 BPSD (Licensor: STRATCO)
- C4 Isomerization Unit: 22,900 BPSD (Licensor: AXENS)
- Sulphuric Acid Plant: 160 tpd (Licensor:MONSANTO)
- Sulphur Recovery Unit: 552 tpd3 (Licensor: JACOBS)
- Sour Water Strippers: 318,417 kg/h.
- Amine Regeneration Units: 533 Sm3/h
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- The refinery is supplied with local Saudi Crude
- LPG, Naphtha, Gasoline, Gas Oil, Fuel Oil, Kerosene
- The refinery was upgraded in 2009
- See Rabigh Refinery Expansion And Upgrade Project
- The refinery was originally a topping refinery owned by Saudi Aramco
- Tecnicas Reunidas had a LSTK Contract for Engineering, Procurement and Construction for the refinery upgrade
- 1990 - Refinery commissioned with 325,000 bpd capacity
- 2004 - Foster Wheeler Awarded FEED Contract for expansion
- 2005 - Petro Rabigh JV formed
- 2008 - IPO completed
- 2009 - New units come onstream
- Projects, Tecnicas Reunidas
- Saipem Refining References
- Saipem Atmospheric Crude Distillation Units
- Saipem Catalytic Reformer Units
- Foster Wheeler Awarded FEED Contract to Develop World-Scale Integrated Refinery/Petrochemical Complex by Saudi Aramco/Sumitomo