- Operator: BP
- Country: UK
- Location: West of Shetland
- Production start: Expected 2016
- Type: Oil / Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- The Schiehallion Oil Field and Loyal fields have produced nearly 400 million barrels of oil since production started in 1998 and an estimated 450 million barrels of resource is still available, more than was originally thought;
- In July 2011 BP and partners announced their intention to invest around £3billion to re-develop the Schiehallion and Loyal fields (the Quad 204 project);
- The investment will go in to new facilities that will enable production to be extended out to 2035 and possibly beyond;
- The project involves replacing the existing Schiehallion Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel with the Glen Lyon FPSO, which is scheduled to be installed in 2015. The new vessel will be 270 metres long by 52 metres wide and able to process and export up to 130,000 barrels a day of oil, and store in excess of 1 million barrels.
- There will also be a major investment in the upgrading and replacement of the subsea facilities to enable the full development of the reserves.
- The new facilities are scheduled to commence production in 2016.
- To enable the extensive new subsea infrastructure to be installed, the Quad 204 partnership agreed to retire the existing vessel from operation in early 2013.
- 25 wells will be drilled during Phase 1 between end 2014 and 2020. Several of these wells will be drilled before the start of production in 2016.
- A brand new semi-submersible drilling rig – the Deepsea Aberdeen - is being built and will be dedicated to drilling on the Schiehallion and Loyal fields.
- Hyundai Heavy: Engineering, procurement and construction with optional transportation and commissioning assistance for the Schiehallion FPSO
- Wood Group Kenny: Engineering design and project management services for the subsea, umbilical, riser and flowline (SURF) infrastructure
- Technip: Developing the subsea infrastructure
- removal of the existing Schiehallion FPSO and mooring system,
- recovery of all existing flexible risers(3) and dynamic umbilical systems(4),
- positioning and installation of a new FPSO and associated mooring system and anchor piles,
- supply and installation of 21 dynamic flexible risers,
- installation of four static and dynamic umbilicals,
- coating, welding and installation of 15 steel pipelines, totaling 50 kilometers,
- supply and installation of numerous flexible jumpers(5),
- installation of various manifolds, jumpers and infrastructure associated with the field development.
- Aker Solutions: Subsea controls equipment for subsea trees, manifolds and subsea safety isolation valves as well as controls distribution assemblies
- OneSubsea: Manufacture of 11 “Xmas Trees”
- Oceaneering: Two riser and five infield umbilicals totaling approximately 19 kilometers (11.8 miles) in length
- Odfjell Drilling: Provision of a new build, semi-submersible drilling unit
- 2011 - Quad 204 Redevelopment Project approved by partners
- 2011 - HHI awarded FPSO contract
- 2011 - Wood Group Kenny awarded SURF contract
- 2012 - Technip awarded major subsea contract
- 2013 - Aker solutions awarded contract for subsea controls equipment
- Hyundai Heavy Wins USD 1.2 Billion FPSO Order
- BP and Co-Venturers Approve £3 Billion Re-Development of Schiehallion and Loyal Fields
- Wood Group Kenny mans up for BP’s Quad 204 Project
- Odfjell Drilling secures record breaking deal with BP
- Technip awarded major subsea contract for BP in UK North Sea
- Oceaneering Announces Quad 204 Umbilical Order
- Aker Solutions set to support redevelopment of landmark subsea field
- BP Has Awarded UK Companies Over £1Billion of Contracts for Key West of Shetland Project