- Operator: BP
- Country: USA
- Location: Alaska
- Production start:
- Type: Oil / Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- The Greater Prudhoe Area is made up of the Prudhoe Bay Field, the Prudhoe Bay satellite fields and the Greater Point McIntyre Area fields.
- It is the 3rd largest field in the USA as of 2013
- The Prudhoe Bay Field has more than 800 active oil-producing wells, but many more actual wells have been drilled over time.
- Prudhoe Bay also is the site of one of the largest waterflood and enhanced oil recovery projects in the world, as well as a large gas processing plant that processes more than 6 BCFD of natural gas that is reinjected into the reservoir.
- Oil produced it transported on the Trans Alaska Pipeline System to Valdez
- 1967 - Prudhoe Bay Oil Field discovered
- 1977 - First oil produced
- 1997 - The Miscible Injectant Expansion (MIX) project was approved
- ConocoPhillips, Alaska’s Key Assets
- Top 100 U S Oil And Gas Fields
- Top 100 US Gas Fields
- 'MIX' Project Will Boost Prudhoe Bay Liquids Production