- Ownership: Petrom
- Website: http://www.petrom.com/
- Location: Petrobrazi Refinery is located in the South-East region of Romania, near Ploiesti City, a highly developed industrial area
- Capacity: 4.5 million tons/annum & 90,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Crude Distillation Unit
- Vacuum Distillation Unit
- Diesel Hydrotreatment
- FCC post-treater plant - Uhde - 700 kt/annum
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- In 2007, most of the imported crude oil has being supplied to Arpechim refinery.
- The refinery is importing crude oil from countries in the Black Sea Region (Russia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan).
- The crude is shipped to the Constanta Oil Terminal and transported by pipeline to Arpechim and Petrobrazi refineries.
- Fuels: Gasoline (RON 95, Super 100), Diesel (50 ppm, Top Nordic), aviation fuel Jet A-1, automotive LPG
- Industrial and domestic heating fuels: heavy fuel oil, aragaz, light fuel oil
- Special products: benzene, toluene, propylene, sulfur, petroleum coke
- For full details see Petrobrazi Refinery Upgrade Project
- Main investments After major modernization investments at Arpechim (ISAL, New HDV and New Hydrogen unit), the approved investment program of Euro 1.1 billion (2006-2010) will now be dedicated mainly to the Petrobrazi refinery, having the following targets:
- Increasing the Vacuum & Atmospheric Distillation unit capacity from 4.5 mn tons/year to 6 mn tons/year; at the same time,
- other capacity increases and revamps of different units are foreseen.
- Expansion of the Coker unit;
- Construction of Romania’s first-ever Hydrocracker unit, along with a New Hydrogen plant.
- Modernization of the utilities system for ensuring high efficiency of utilities production and consumption as well as the reorganization of the distribution network.
- Environmental protection investments for minimizing the SOx, NOx, etc. emissions.
- Tank Farm and Logistics investments for resizing and modernizing the existing tank farms and for the construction of new ones to balance product flexibility as part of the optimization of the product delivery system.
- 1934 - The refinery is founded
- 1962 - First modern refinery in Romania, including catalytic cracking and reforming processes
- 2003 - The 1st Co-generation Power Plant
- 2007 - Diesel Hydrotreating unit revamp ( diesel with 10 ppm S)
- 2009 - Start-up FCC Posttreater unit ( gasoline with 10 ppm S).
- 2012 - Vacuum Distillation unit revamp completed
- 2016 - Contract signed for new Polyfuel unit
- Refinery Webpage
- Parent Company Website
- Foster Wheeler Awarded Refinery Modernization Contracts by PETROM in Romania
- Petrom commissioned a new plant for the production of gasoline with low sulphur content
- Uhde wins new contract for a clean fuels production plant
- Petrom finalized the upgrade of the crude vacuum distillation unit in Petrobrazi refinery
- Axens Awarded for a PolyFuel® Contract in Romania