- Country: USA
- Production start:
- Type: Oil / Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- The Permian Basin in Texas and New Mexico is the nation's most prolific oil producing area.
- The Permian Basin region encompasses an area approximately 250 miles wide and 300 miles long, and it contains many potentially productive low-permeability oil formations.
- Although oil production has previously come from the more permeable portions of the Permian formations, the application of horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing has opened up large and less-permeable portions of these formations to commercial production.
- The six fastest growing areas or oil production are:
- Six formations are responsible for surge in Permian Basin crude oil production
- ExxonMobil Increases Permian Basin Acreage, Drives Efficiency in Utica Holdings