- Ownership: Indian Oil Company
- Website: http://www.iocl.com/
- Wikipage: Paradip Refinery
- Location: Paradip, India
- Capacity: 15 million tons/annum & 300,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity: 12.2
- Project Stage: Completed
- Expected Completion: 2015
- Budget: Rs 29,777-crore
- Project Type: New Refinery
- Project Summary: A 15 MMTPA refinery is being constructed at Paradip in Orissa. The refinery will have, apart from a Crude and Vacuum Distillation Unit, a Hydrocracking Unit, a Delayed Coker Unit and other secondary processing facilities. This will be the most modern refinery in India with a nil-residue production, and the products would meet stringent specifications. IndianOil has taken over 3344 acres of land for the project and necessary infrastructure development jobs prior to setting up of the main refinery are in progress.
- Main Contractors:
- Jacobs: Front-end engineering and design services, and supervise the resulting lump sum turnkey (LSTK) contractors whose work includes the installation of a 4.1 MMTPA Delayed Coking Unit with associated facilities at IOCL's Paradip refinery.
- Essar Projects: Process Design, Detailed Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning and Performance Testing of core process units of the refinery, including the Atmospheric Vacuum Unit (AVU), Straight Run LPG Treating Unit, Naphtha Hydro Treating (NHT), Naphtha Fractionator Unit (NFU), Continuous Catalytic Reforming (CCR) Unit, Sour Water Stripper (SWS) Unit and Amine Regeneration Unit (ARU).
- Punj Lloyd: Design, engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning of Kero Treatment Unit, Sulphur Recovery Unit, FCC LPG Treatment Unit, FCC Light Naphtha Treatment Unit, Alkylation Unit, Butane Isomerisation Unit, Spent Acid Regeneration Unit and Flue Gas Desulphurisation Unit
- Uhde: EPCM for Diesel Desulphurisation
- Crude Distillation Unit
- Vacuum Distillation Unit,
- Hydrocracking Unit
- Fluidised Catalytic Cracker
- FCC LPG Treatment Unit
- FCC Light Naphtha Treatment Unit
- Delayed Coker Unit
- Alkylation Unit
- Straight Run LPG Treating Unit,
- Naphtha Hydro Treating (NHT),
- Naphtha Fractionator Unit (NFU),
- Continuous Catalytic Reforming (CCR) Unit,
- Sour Water Stripper (SWS) Unit
- Amine Regeneration Unit (ARU)
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- IOC may take companies like Saudi Aramco and Kuwait Petroleum as equity partner in the Paradip refinery if they agree to supply most of the crude oil requirement of the 15 million tons unit.
- The Paradip refinery is being configured to process the toughest, heaviest and the dirtiest crudes which are cheaper than the cleaner and easier varieties.
Products To Be Produced
- LPG, Naphtha, MS, Jet/Kero, Diesel & Sulphur
- The refinery was originally planned to export at least 2.05 million tons of petrol and 124,000 tons of naphtha out of its yearly output of 15 million tons, however growing local demand means that exports will be negligible.
- 1996 - Fluor Daniel awarded contract for engineering services for the preparation of a detailed feasibility report
- 2007 - Axens awarded licence for desulphurisation unit
- 2009 - Jacobs Receives Contract for project management consultancy (PMC) services for a delayed coker unit (DCU)
- 2010 - Essar awarded Lump Sum Turn Key (LSTK) Package A for the main Refinery Units
- 2015 - Project completed
- In 2009 IOC had signed a loan agreement with a consortium of lenders led by State Bank of India for term loan of Rs 14,900 crore for the project.
- IOC Project Page
- India – Paradip Refinery Project, DEME
- Uhde Downstream Oil And Gas Projects
- Fluor Daniel Awarded Contract By Indian Oil Corporation And Kuwait Petroleum Corporation
- Jacobs Receives Contract From Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. for Paradip Refinery
- India Expands Clean Fuels Programs
- Essar Projects bags Rs. 1400 crore contract from Indian Oil Corporation Ltd
- Punj Lloyd announces three new contract wins worth Rs 1595 crore
- IndianOil's Paradip Refinery starts crude processing