- Ownership: NIS
- Website: http://www.nis.rs/index.php?lang=en
- Location: 20km from Belgrade and only 2 km from the river Danube
- Capacity: 4.8 Million tons annually, 96.000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Refinery Depth:
- Pancevo Refinery is a medium complexity, medium sized refinery
- Refinery's storage capacity is approximately 700,000 cubic meters of crude oil and derivates
- It is mostly imported crude oil that is being processed (70-80%).
- It is supplied by way of the Janaf Crude Oil Pipeline through Croatia or by barges on the river Danube from Romania and Hungary.
- The rest of processed crude oil is of the domestic origin (oil fields located in the province of Vojvodina).
- Gasoline, Diesel, LPG
|Process Unit||Capacity (t/year)||The year of Commissioning||License and Engineering||Detailed Engineering|
|Atmospheric Distillation 1||1 350 000||1968||Lummus||Lummus|
|Atmospheric Distillation 2||3 500 000||1979||Petrom||Lummus|
|Vacuum Distillation||2 200 000||1982||USSR||USSR|
|Fluid Catalytic Cracking||1 000 000||1985||Texaco|
|Visbr. Vacuum Residue||1 150 000||1987||Technip||Technip|
|Bitumen Production||330 000||1983||USSR||USSR|
|Aromatics Extr. - Udex||10 000||1968||UOP||Lummus|
|Aromatics Extr. - Sulf.||120 000||1991||Shell||Foster Wheeler|
|HDS of middle distillates||450 000||1987||Texaco||Foster Wheeler|
|HDS of pyro gasol./G?-||1 220 000||1968||UOP||Lummus|
|LPG Merox - ?D1 and PTF||53 000||1968||UOP||Lummus|
|FCC-LPG Merox||135 000||1986||UOP||Foster Wheeler|
|Light Gasoline Merox ?D2||191 000||1979||UOP||Lummus|
|Special Gasoline Merox||36 000||1968||UOP||Lummus|
|Light Gasol. Merox FCC||99 000||1986||UOP||Foster Wheeler|
|Heavy Gasol. Merox FCC||442 000||1986||UOP||Foster Wheeler|
|Jet Fuel Merox||110 000||1968||UOP||Lummus|
|Gasoline Redistillation||36 000||1968||Lummus||Lummus|
|Gas Concentration Unit||165 000||1968||Lummus||Lummus|
- For full details see Pancevo Refinery Project page.
- A new Hydrocracker/Hydrotreater Unit is being built.
- The scope of work awarded to CB&I includes detailed engineering, procurement services, construction management and commissioning for the hydrocracker/hydrotreater unit (licensed by Chevron Lummus Global) and the associated support units, auxiliary and offsites systems.
- The units for mild hydrocracking and hydro-finishing (MHC/DHT) wil be put in operation in 2012
- 1968 Pančevo Oil refinery – started up
- 1979 –Atmospheric Distillation Unit II started up
- 2005 - Foster Wheeler Awarded Process Design for Hydrogen Production Unit
- 2010 - Overhaul and reconstruction started
- 2012 - Upgrading project completed
- Foster Wheeler Awarded Process Design for Hydrogen Production Unit By NIS, Serbia
- CB&I Awarded Refinery Modernization Contract in Serbia
- Project Webpage
- NIS begins overhaul and reconstruction of the Pancevo Oil Refinery
- Gazprom Neft completes refinery modernisation project at Pančevo