- Ownership: Shell Pakistan Limited, Chevron Pakistan Limited, Pakistan State Oil and The Dawood Group hold the majority shares of Pakistan Refinery Limited.
- Website: http://www.prl.com.pk/
- Location: Korangi Creek, Karachi
- Capacity: 2.5 million tons/annum & 47.110 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- A hydro-skimming refinery which processes 50,000 barrels of crude oil per day
- Crude unit - 47.110 Barrels per day
- Hydro Unit - 2.450 metric ton per day
- Plat-forming Unit - 500 metric ton per day.
- LPG Recovery Unit
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- Designed for Iranian Light crude oil
- UNLEADED GASOLINE
- JET FUEL JP-1
- JET FUEL JP-8
- FURNACE OIL
- A 5,000 bpd Isomerisation unit is being added
- On 22nd August 2006 the Board of directors of PRL approved the investment plan of 11 billions rupees for the up gradation of the refinery. A New Diesel hydrotreater, Visbreaker, Vacuum Distillation, Hydrogen Generation, de-asphalting, sulfur recovery and amine treatment units are expected to go into operation within thirty six months.
- In 1959 Pakistani Investors and major oil companies joined hands to set up the biggest oil refinery in Pakistan.
- In 1962, this idea was materialized in the form of Pakistan Refinery Limited
- 2014 - UOP awarded a contract to provide PENEX unit
- Profile from Oil Companies Advisory Committee
- Honeywell’s UOP Technology, Modular Equipment to Help Pakistani Refiner Meet Growing Gasoline Demand