- 1952 PPL discovered Sui Gas field with estimated reserve of 10 TCF eqvt to one billion barrels of oil which was first major milestone in the search for hydrocarbons in Pakistan
- 1954 M/s. Standard Vacuum Oil Company took active interest in oil exploration in Pakistan.
- 1955 M/s. Hunt joined exploration activities.
- 1956 Shell Oil Company started its exploration business
- 1957 Sun Oil Company and Tidewater which led to further discoveries of Uch Gas field (PPL), Mari Gas field(Standard Vacuum) and Kandkot (PPL)
- 1961 OGDCL was established
- Discovered first gas field Sari(1965)
- Discovered Toot oil field 1968
- Hundi gas field 1970
- Rodho gas field 1973
- Kothar gas field 1973
- Dhodak 1975
- Amoco discovered Jandran gas field 1975
1981 UTP/BP discovered Khaskheli oil field
1984 OXY discovered Dhurnal oil field
1989 OGDCL discovered Qadirpur gas field
1989 LASMO discovered Kadanwari gas field
1993 OMV discovered Miano gas field
1998 OMV discovered Sawan gas field, Lasmo Bhit gas field
1999 BHP discovered Zamzama gas field
1999 OGDCL made first discovery in the history of NWFP,of Chanda oilfield
2002 OGDCL encouraged foreign investor and M/s. MOL(Hungrian Oil Company, an operator
with minority stake) discovered Gurgari oil field.
2005 MOL discovered oil in Makori
- Pakistan State Oil possesses the largest distribution network in the country comprising of 3,689 outlets out of which 3,500 outlets serve the Retail sector and 189 outlets serve our bulk customers.
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Resources
- Oil and Gas Regulatory Authority (OGRA)
- Pakistan State Oil
- Exploration Activities in Pakistan
- Google Earth map of oil and gas infrastructure in pakistan