- Ownership: Sasol / Qatar Petroleum
- Website: http://www.oryxgtl.com.qa/
- Location: Ras Laffan, Qatar
- Capacity: 1.7 million tons/annum & 34,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Refining Depth:
- The Oryx GTL plant is a "world first": the first plant to convert natural gas to liquid fuel at commercial scale.
- It utilizes the proprietary, low-temperature Sasol Slurry Phase Distillate(TM) (SPD (TM)) process that is based on Fischer-Tropsch technology. 330 million cubic feet per day of lean natural gas from Qatar's North Gas Field in the Gulf provided the feedstock to produce a planned 34,000 barrels per day (b/d) of liquids.
- Fischer-Tropsch (FT) units
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- Oryx GTL will be using around 330 million cubic feet per day of “lean” gas from Qatar's North Gas Field
- 24,000 b/d of diesel, 9,000 b/d of naphtha and 1,000 b/d of liquefied petroleum gas.
- Further planned expansions of Oryx GTL includes increasing the capacity of the Oryx GTL to about 100 000 b/d and exploring building an integrated GTL plant with a capacity of about 130 000 b/d in future
- 2001 - Foster Wheeler was awarded a front-end engineering and design (FEED) contract
- 2003 - Construction commenced
- 2006 - Inauguration of the facility
- 2007 - Plant Start up
- ORYX GTL PLANT – FIRST PRODUCT PRODUCED
- Foster Wheeler Awarded Contract for Gas-To-Liquids Project in Qatar
- Project update: Oryx gas-to-liquids (GTL) Joint Venture
- Foster Wheeler Celebrates Official Inauguration of Groundbreaking Oryx GTL Plant in Qatar; US$950 Million Oryx GTL Plant is the ''First of a Kind'' for the Conversion of Natural Gas to Liquid Fuel
- Oryx GTL inauguration