- The project is now known as Polarled Gas Pipeline
- Ownership: Gassco
- Website: http://www.gassco.no/
- Length: kilometres ( miles)
- Capacity: per day
- Status: Planned
- The NSGI project was established on the basis of a feasibility study conducted by Gassco in cooperation with field operators Statoil and Shell.
- It embraces 500 kilometres of pipeline from Aasta Hansteen to Nyhamna, with possible tie-ins for Linnorm and Zidane and a link with the Åsgard Transport system to Kårstø north of Stavanger. The project also embraces capacity expansions and technical solutions at the Nyhamna processing plant.
- Eleven oil and gas companies are financing the project, which made concept selection October 2011. Statoil is now development operator for the prosject. Final investment decision is planned for the last quarter of 2012. Start-up is planned in 2016.
- Should it be resolved to develop the fields and implement the NSGI, Statoil will continue as development operator. As operator for Nyhamna, Shell would be responsible for the work to be done there.
- 2012 - OMV signed an agreement to acquire a 6.15% stake