- Source: Bruderheim, Alberta, Canada
- Destination: Kitimat, British Colombia, Canada
- Ownership: Enbridge
- Website: http://www.enbridge.com/
- Length: 1,177 kilometres ( miles)
- 525,000 barrels of oil per day
- 193,000 bpd of condensate
- Crude Type: Heavy Oil Sands Crude
- Enbridge Northern Gateway Pipelines proposes to construct and operate two pipelines, 1,170 km in length, between an inland terminal at Bruderheim, Alberta and a marine terminal near Kitimat, British Columbia. About 500 km of pipeline will be in Alberta and 670 km in British Columbia. One of the pipelines will carry crude oil west to Kitimat and the other line will carry condensate east to Bruderheim.
- The project also includes the construction and operation of an integrated marine infrastructure at tidewater to accommodate loading and unloading of oil and condensate tankers and marine transportation of oil and condensate.
- 2010 - Enbridge filed an application with the National Energy Board for the construction and operation of the Enbridge Northern Gateway Pipeline
- 2011 - Enbridge announced agreements that fully subscribe for long term service and capacity
- 2012 - Enbridge makes Pledge to Heighten Pipeline Safety, Operations Measures
- 2013 - Joint Review Panel issues final report
- 2014 - Governor in Council (GIC) approval awarded by the Canadian federal government
- Northern Gateway Project is one of a number of projects designed to transport growing volumes of oil sands crude from Alberta to market.
- Project Website
- Northern Gateway Pipeline Project - Joint Review Panel Agreement Issued
- Enbridge Announces Commercial Support for Northern Gateway Project
- Enbridge Files Regulatory Application for Northern Gateway Pipeline Project
- Northern Gateway Files Reply Evidence to JRP, Makes Pledge to Heighten Pipeline Safety, Operations Measures
- Minister Oliver Comments on Final Report From the Joint Review Panel for the Northern Gateway Pipelines Project
- Northern Gateway Reinforces Commitment to Building A Safer, Better Pipeline
- Northern Gateway Receives Approval from Government of Canada