- Operator: Statoil
- Country: Norway
- Location: North Sea
- Production start: 1997
- Partners: Eni - 6.90 %, Petoro - 54.00 %, Statoil - 39.10 %
- Type: Oil & Gas
- Estimated Reserves: Original
- 90.8 million Sm³ oil
- 11.8 billion Sm³ gas
- 1.8 million tonnes NGL
- Production Volume: 2012
- Oil: 18 000 barrels/day
- Gas: 0,16 billion Sm³
- NGL: 0.02 million tonnes
- Norne is an oil field located about 80 kilometres north of the Heidrun field in the Norwegian Sea. The water depth in the area is 380 metres.
- The field has been developed with a production and storage vessel, “Norne FPSO”, connected to seven subsea templates. Flexible risers carry the wellstream up to the production vessel.
- Gas is transported through a dedicated pipeline to Åsgard and on through the Åsgard Transport pipeline to Kårstø.
- Modifications are being made to the Norne FPSO ship, enabling it to receive the production from Fossekall and Dompap
- The Norne Satellites Project tied in Stær and Svale fields to the Norne FPSO
- Stolt Offshore: Installation of umbilicals between the Norne FPSO and the satellite locations Stær and Svale, the installation of manifolds, the fabrication and installation of risers, water injection flowlines and flexible components as well as subsea tie-ins.
- engineering and fabrication of two flexible smoothbore gas export risers
- marine operations to remove one existing roughbore riser connecting the Norne floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) unit with the gas export pipeline, and replace it with one of the new flexible smoothbore risers,
- 1992 - Norne Oil Field discovered
- 1997 - First oil production
- 2004 - Stolt Offshore wins contract for Norne Satellites umbillicals
- 2013 - Technip awarded riser contract
- The reservoir is in Jurassic sandstones. Oil is mainly found in the Ile and Tofte Formations, and gas in the Not Formation. The reservoir depth is about 2 500 metres and the reservoir quality is good.
- NPD, Norne
- Norne, Statoil
- FMC Technologies to Provide Electric Subsea System for Statoil's Norne Field Improved Oil Recovery Project in the Norwegian Sea
- Stolt Offshore S.A. Announces North Sea Contract Awards
- Aibel awarded new fast-track contract
- Technip awarded a contract for the Norne field in Norway