- Destination: Uithuizen
- Ownership: GDF Suez
- Website: http://www.gdfsuezep.nl/en/noordgastransport-bv/about-us/about-us.html
- Length: 470 kilometres ( miles)
- Capacity: 42 million Nm3 per day
- Status: Operating
- With an extensive transportation system for natural gas on the Dutch continental shelf and a gas treatment station in Uithuizen, Noordgastransport B.V. (NGT) processes and supplies a substantial portion of the natural gas that is extracted from the Dutch continental shelf and beyond.
- After treatment, the gas is delivered to the pipeline network of Gas Transport Services B.V., which manages the national gas transportation network.
- In total Noordgastransport B.V. manages approximately 470 kilometers of pipelines with a daily gas transportation capacity of approximately 42 million Nm3.
Related Gas Fields
- D15 Gas Fields
- E17a And E17b Gas Fields
- E18A Gas Fields
- F16 Gas Fields
- L10 And L11a Gas Fields
- G14, G16 and G17 Gas Fields
- 1973 - Establishment Noordgastransport B.V.
- 1974 - Commencement of the construction of the terminal near Uithuizen and the laying of the 36” pipeline from L10/L11 to the terminal.
- 1975 - Production starts in the L10/L11 block, making the company operational.
- 1977 - The first transportation and treatment of volumes for third parties.
- 1984 - Laying of a 24” subsea lateral connector to the pipeline of L10/L11 that runs to the terminal, to be used for the Ameland field.
- 1999 - Laying of a second 36” pipeline which runs from offshore block D15, close to the boundary of the British sector of the North Sea, along a distance of 140 km to the offshore L10/L11 block.
- 2000 - GDF Suez acquires a stake from Transcanada
- 2002 - Completion of another expansion upon the system: a 65-km long 18” pipeline that connects the G17d-A complex to the main transportation line.
- 2005 - Production and transportation of natural gas produced by fields in the G14, G16, G17 and L6 blocks.
- 2007 - First transportation and treatment of natural gas from the English continental shelf via D15.
- 2013 - PensionDanmark acquired a 40% stake from TAQA
- TransCanada Reaches Agreement to Sell Netherlands Assets
- TAQA, Pensiondanmark Agree On Sale Of Dutch Pipeline Stake