- Ownership: Attock Oil
- Website: http://www.nrlpak.com/
- Location: Karachi, Pakistan
- Capacity: 2.71 million tons/annum & 54.000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- A small simple refinery
- The refinery complex of the Company comprises of three refineries, consisting of two lube refineries and one fuel refinery.
- Crude Distillation Unit
- Vacuum Distillation Unit
- Naphtha Hydro treating Unit
- Platforming Unit
- Kero Hydro treating Unit
- Crude Oil: 163,000 tons
- Refined Products: 90,000 tons
- S. Arabia, Pakistan
- Motor Gasoline (MOGAS)
- Kerosene (SKO)
- Jet A-1
- High Speed diesel Oil (HSD)
- Light diesel oil (LDO)
- Furnace Oil (F.O)
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG)
- Asphalt Unit
- See National Refinery Limited Upgrading Project
- A slurry hydrocracker is being added to eliminate fuel oil & increase diesel & lubricant production
- NRL is presently producing HSD of around 1.0 % sulfur content. In view of clean fuel quality requirements, NRL is planning upgradation of its facilities to enable production of HSD of 0.05 wt. % Sulfur content. Ultimate aim is to reduce sulfur further to 50 parts per million. UOP, an international process designer & licensor, is carrying out techno economic feasibility for conversion of redundant Kero Hydrobon unit to Diesel service.
- After project completion, NRL will be the first refinery in Pakistan to produce diesel of low sulfur upto 500 ppm and further to less than 50 ppm - ULSD, i.e. Euro IV Specification.
- 1966 - First Lube Refinery commissioned by Snamprogetti with designed capacity of 539,700 tons per annum of Crude Processing and 76,200 tones per annum of Lube Base Oils.
- 1977 - The Fuel Refinery commissioned with designed capacity of 1,500,800 tones per annum of Crude processing and after revamp the designed capacity comes to 2,170,800 tones per annum of Crude processing.
- 1985 - Second Lube Refinery commissioned with designed capacity of 100,000 tons per annum of Lube Base Oils.
- 1985 - The BTX unit was commissioned with design capacity of 25,000 tons per annum of BTX
- 2005 - The refinery was privatised, and purchased by Attock Oil
- Profile from Oil Companies Advisory Committee
- Saipem Grass Roots Refineries
- Saipem Atmospheric Crude Distillation Units
- Saipem Vacuum Distillation Units
- Saipem Asphalt Bitumen Blowing Unit
- Honeywell UOP Technology for Upgrading the Bottom of the Barrel Selected for Refnery Expansion in Pakistan