- Ownership: HPCL
- Website: http://www.hindustanpetroleum.com/
- Location: Mumbai, India
- Capacity: 6.3 million tons/annum & 130,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Refining Depth:
- A medium complexity refinery with a large lubricants plant
- Atmospheric Distillation
- Fluidised Catalytic Cracker
- Diesel Hydrotreating Unit
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- LPG, Gasoline, Diesel
- A new 1.4 million mt/year FCC unit is expected to initiate the startup process in December 2010
- This is to be followed by the starting of commercial operations in January 2011.
- Once completed, the unit has the capacity to produce 1 million mt/year of Euro 3 and Euro 4 equivalent gasoline.
- A diesel hydrotreating unit is being added
- The DHT unit, with capacity 2.2 MMTPA, would meet Euro IV specification through UOP, USA process license.
- Toyo India’s scope of work includes residual process design and detailed engineering, procurement, supply, transportation, storage, fabrication, inspection, testing, mechanical completion, pre-commissioning, commissioning, performance guarantee test run.
- 1954 - commissioned by Esso with a crude processing capacity of 1.25 MMTPA
- 1969 - Crude processing capacity increased to 3.5 MMTPA
- 1974 - Government of India took over Esso and Lube India and formed HPCL
- 1985 - Expansion was carried out by installation of new 2 MMTPA crude units
- Second expansion of Lube Refinery took place to increase the capacity of the refinery to 335 MMTPA, so far the largest in India.
- 1999 - Sulphur block commissioned
- 2009 - Toyo awarded contract for DHT unit
- 2011 - New FCCU inaugurated
- Refineries Overview
- Toyo India bags EPC-LSTK contract from Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) for Diesel Hydrotreating (DHT) Unit at Mumbai Refinery, India
- New FCCU at HPCL, Mumbai Refinery, inaugurated by Hon’ble Minister, P&NG, Shri S. Jaipal Reddy
- Punj Lloyd Refining References