- Ownership: ANCAP
- Website: http://www.ancap.com.uy/
- Location: Montevideo, Río de la Plata, Uuruguay
- Capacity: million tons/annum
- Status: Planned
- The project will supply natural gas for local consumption in Uruguay (enabling the expansion of this source in the energy mix) and also will supply gas to help meet demand in Argentina.
- Storage capacity:
- Unloading capacity:
- Send out capacity:
Ongoing Projects/Project Status
- Contract awarded in August 2010
- Foster Wheeler's scope of work includes technical assistance through the initial phases of the development of the project, conceptual design of the terminal, and development of the invitation to bid for the role of owner and operator of the terminal. The owner/operator role will include the responsibility for, among other elements, the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract. Foster Wheeler's scope also includes the supervision of the EPC contractor from detailed engineering through to start-up.
Suppliers / Customers
- Customers: Local natural gas networks + re-exArgentina
- It will use the existing natural gas infrastructure between both countries, called Cruz del Sur Gas Pipeline, which connects Montevideo to Buenos Aires through an underground structure of about 200 km long, 50 km of them beneath Río de la Plata, to deliver up to six million cubic meters per day of natural gas to the Greater Buenos Aires area.
- 2010 - Foster Wheeler awarded an owner's engineer contract