- Ownership: Statoil 79%, Shell 21%
- Website: http://www.statoil.com/en/
- Location: Mongstad in western Norway
- Capacity: 10 million tons/annum & 200,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Delayed Coker
- Residual FCC
- Diesel Desulphurisation
- Gasoline Desulphurisation
- Gasoline Benzene Removal
- RCCN Hydrotreater - 35,000 bpsd
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- Statoil also operates a crude oil terminal at Mongstad, with a storage capacity of 9.5 million barrels
- All crude oil refined at the plant comes from the Norwegian continental shelf.
- It processes both Crude and Condensates, which are delivered by ship & pipeline
- It receives NGLs from the Kollsnes Gas Processing Plant
- The principal outputs are petrol, diesel oil, jet fuel and other light petroleum products.The heaviest components in the feedstock are used to produce such products as petroleum coke (petcoke).
- In 2005 Statoil awarded Aker Solutions a modifications framework agreement for the Mongstad refinery. This project was extended by a year in October 2010
- Mongstad Refinery Coker Revamp Project
- Statoil has launched the CO2 Capture Mongstad Refinery Project
- The oldest part of the Mongstad facility was constructed in the early 1970s.
- An expansion in 1989 increased annual refining capacity from 6.5 million tonnes of crude to eight million.
- 2001 - Naphtha desulphurisation project launched
- A desulphurisation plant for petrol completed in the spring of 2003 again allowed the refinery to meet new EU specifications from 2005.
- A new desulphurisation plant for diesel and gas oil was inaugurated at the complex in March 1996
- A facility for reducing the benzene content followed in the autumn of 1997
- 2003 - RCCN Hydrotreater commissioned
- 2008 - Delayed coker revamp project launched
- 2013 - Foster Wheeler awarded upgrade feasibility
- Refinery Webpage
- Desulphurisation at Mongstad
- Case Study; Desulphurisation of FCC Naphtha
- Product Quality Project
- Statoil exercises one year option with Aker Solutions at Mongstad refinery
- SMIL project
- KBR Subsidiary M.W. Kellogg awarded StatoilHydro Coker Revamp Contract
- Aker Solutions awarded Mongstad contract extension with Statoil
- Foster Wheeler Awarded Feasibility Study by Statoil for Mongstad Refinery Upgrade in Norway