- Operator: Wintershall
- Country: Norway
- Location: 200 kilometers off the coast of Trondheim
- Production start:
- Wintershall Norge ASA (operator) 50 %
- Faroe Petroleum Norge AS 30 %
- Centrica Resources Norge AS 20 %
- Type: Oil & Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- 60 to 120 million barrels of recoverable oil
- 2 to 5 billion standard cubic meters (sm3) of recoverable gas
- Production Volume:
- The Maria discovery in the Garn formation lies in a large northeast-southwest trending Jurassic horst block. The Garn Formation forms the reservoir of several producing fields and discoveries in Mid Norway, includ-ing the Trestakk, Smørbukk Sør, Tyrihans, and Tyrihans North structures, all adjacent to the Maria discovery.
- The Maria reservoir will be linked via a subsea tieback to the Kristin, Heidrun and Åsgard B production platforms.
- The Maria well stream will go to the Kristin platform for processing while supply of water for injection into the reservoir will come from the Heidrun platform and lift gas will be provided from Åsgard B via the Tyrihans D field subsea template.
- Processed oil will be shipped to the Åsgard field for storage and offloading to shuttle tankers.
- Gas will be exported via pipeline to the Åsgard Transport gas line to Karsto Gas Processing Plant.
- BiFab: Fabrication of Separator Module
- FMC Technologies: Supply of two integrated template manifolds with their respective trees and auxiliary equipment. It also includes the dynamic and the static umbilical, the production riser base and the subsea umbilical termination unit and the subsea control system
- Subsea 7: Engineering, procurement, construction and installation (EPCI) of 95 kilometres of rigid flowlines and associated structures
- 2010 - Successful appraisal well drilled
- 2011 - Wintershall raised its share in Maria discovery to 50 percent
- 2012 - The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has issued a drilling permit for Wintershall to drill an exploration well to discover extent of Maria
- 2012 - Following a successful appraisal, the partners agree to go forward with development
- 2015 - Plan for Development and Operation (PDO) submitted
- The Maria discovery in the Garn formation is located in a large horst area from the Jurassic period
- Bifab Platform References
- Wintershall reports second significant operated discovery in Norway
- Wintershall raises share in Maria discovery to 50 percent
- Wintershall's Maria well gets go-ahead
- Wintershall goes forward with Maria
- Wintershall awards subsea contracts for Maria field
- Maria field: Plan for Development and Operation (PDO) submitted
- Subsea 7 S.A. awarded contract offshore Norway