- Source: Green Canyon and Mississippi Canyon
- Ownership: BP
- Website: http://www.bppipelines.com/
- Length: kilometres ( miles)
- Capacity: barrels of oil per day
- Crude Type:
- The Mardi Gras Transportation System serves the development of five deepwater fields in the southern Green Canyon and Mississippi Canyon Areas.
- It has an expected peak flow rate of 1.25 million barrels of oil per day and 1.5 billion standard cubic feet of gas per day by about 2012.
- This project is made up of pipeline segments extending from deepwater fields (including the Thunder Horse Oil Field located in 6,000 feet of water as well as Na Kika, Mad Dog Oil Field, Holstein Oil Field, and Atlantis Oil Field) to shelf facilities and to shore.
- It consists of the Proteus and Endymion oil pipeline systems and the Okeanos gas pipeline
- Proteus is a 28" diameter transportation system which has been designed to transport 420 thousand barrels per day
- The Okeanos gas pipeline interconnects with the Destin Gas Pipeline at Main Pass 260
- In operation
- 2003 - Open season for Proteus Oil Pipeline