- Ownership: Terminal KMS de GNL (KOGAS, Mitsui, Samsung)
- Website: http://www.terminalkms.com/en/
- Location: Manzanillo, Minatitlan, on the Pacific Coast of Mexico
- Capacity: 3.80 MM Ton/annum
- Status: In Operation
- The terminal is built on an 860,000ha site located in the city of Manzanillo in the state of Colima along the mid-western coast of Mexico.
- The terminal consists of: two 150,000㎘ storage tanks; an LNG gasification and delivery facility with an annual capacity of 3.8 million tons; and a jetty (port facility for ships to dock and unload LNG).
- The project is worth around US$900 million.
- Storage capacity: 2 units, 150,000 m3 per tank
- Unloading capacity: Jetty for LNG vessel receiving LNG vessel of capacity between 70,000 up to 216,000 m3
- Send out capacity: 3.80 MM Ton/year
- Samsung Engineering: EPC
- Freyssinet: Pre-stressing for LNG tanks
- Tractebel: Engineering services for LNG operations and maintenance
Ongoing Projects/Project Status
- The project was completed in 2012
- The terminal, won't ramp up to full capacity until 2013
- Supply: Peruvian natural gas from the Peru LNG Terminal to be supplied from YPF S.A
- Comision Federal de Electricidad (CFE)
- Gas is to be transported to consumers by the Guadalajara Gas Pipeline
- Mar. 2008 - Signing of Service agreement
- Oct. 2008 - Basic Design (FEED) completion
- 2012 - Terminal receives first cargo
- Capacity of Storage tank of LNG: 2 units, 150,000 m3 per tank
- Natural Gas Send out after liquefaction: 3.80 MM Ton/year.
- Freyssinet LNG Tank References
- Tractebel Engineering LNG References
- Samsung C&T Corporation wins Mexico LNG terminal BOO project
- Samsung C&T Completes Manzanillo LNG Terminal
- Samsung Information
- Repsol Says Mexican Manzanillo LNG Terminal Due Online Q4 2011