- Operator: Santos
- Country: Indonesia
- Location: 2.25 Madura Offshore PSC, East Java
- Production start: 2006
- Partners: Santos - 67.5% (operator), PC Madura Ltd - 22.5%, PT Pantai Madura* - 10.0%
- Type: Gas
- Estimated Reserves: The field is estimated to have proven and probable reserves of 240 bcf (billion cubic feet)
- Production Volume: 110 mmscfd
- Gas from the Maleo field is being produced from a Mobile Offshore Production Unit (MOPU) supported by a new six well wellhead platform which is connected to a 7.4 kilometre spur-line to the East Java Gas Pipeline (EJGP) for distribution to the Surabaya and Gresik gas grid.
- The MOPU is a converted jack-up drilling rig which was modernised and upgraded in Dubai into a standalone, relocatable gas production facility. It is being leased under a multi-year service agreement with Radiant Utama Interinsco (Indonesia) working with Global Process Systems Inc (Dubai).
- Using a modified jack-up rig enabled Santos to achieve first gas only 16 months after final investment approval.
- Gas will be supplied at a plateau rate of up to 110 million standard cubic feet per day (mmscfd) and is expected to operate at plateau production for approximately 5 years.
- The Peluang Gas Field is a tie back to the MOPU
- Clough: engineering, procurement, construction and installation of 7.3km x 14 inch diameter gas pipelines, two of subsea manifolds, hot tapping and tie-ins to existing 28 inch pipeline, a protection structure to hot tap and pre-commissioning activities
- ICON Engineering: Conceptual engineering, multi-discipline detailed design and installation engineering for the Maleo wellhead platform
- Hallin Marine: Offshore support services
- 2002 - The Maleo field was discovered
- 2005 - Santos sign's a sales agreement with PT Perusahaan Gas Negara (PGN)
- 2006 - First gas production
- 2014 - First gas produced from Peluang
- Maleo, Santos
- Oil & Gas Projects
- Indonesia Exploration And Production Blocks
- Icon Engineering Platform References
- New Indonesian Gas Discovery
- Santos Produces First Gas In Indonesia
- Hallin Marine’s Windermere active in Maleo gas field, Indonesia
- First gas from Peluang project ahead of schedule