- Ownership: Petronas
- Website: http://www.petronas.com/
- Location: Sungei Udang Port, Malacca, south of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Capacity: 3.5 million tons/annum
- Status: Mechanical completion, June 2012
- The Jetty Regas Unit (JRU) will be constructed within Sungai Udang Harbour, 3km away from shore. It will be designed for two permanently moored FSUs (130,000m3 capacity each) and the berthing of an LNG carrier (ranging from 130,000m3 to Q-flex 220,000m3 in capacity).
- Storage capacity: 2 Floating units with 130,000m3 capacity each
- Unloading capacity:
- Send out capacity:
- Hamworthy: LNG regasification system
- Ranhill WorleyParsons Sdn. Bhd. has been awarded the contract for the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation and Commissioning (EPCIC)
Ongoing Projects/Project Status
- Commissioning is expected in 2012
Suppliers / Customers
- Statoil to supply 1 billion cubic meters gas to be delivered under the flexible supply agreement that runs for 3 ½ years
- Petronas is understood to be looking at importing gas from the Santos-Petronas Gladstone coalbed methane to LNG project in Queensland, Australia, which is targeting first cargoes in 2014.
- However, the earlier start-up date of the Malacca project implies the national oil company would have to source for alternative LNG imports to initially feed the country's first LNG regasification terminal.
- GDF SUEZ has entered into an agreement with Petronas LNG to supply Petronas LNG with 2.5 million tons of liquefied natural gas (LNG) from August 2012 over a 3.5 year period.
- Qatargas has signed a Heads of Agreement to deliver one and half million tonnes per annum (MTA) of LNG to Malaysia for a period of at least twenty years beginning in 2013
- Gas will be fed direct into the peninsula’s gas distribution network
- 2011 - Ranhill WorleyParsons Sdn. Bhd. awarded the contract for the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation and Commissioning (EPCIC)
- 2011 - Regas Terminal (Sg. Udang) Sdn Bhd company incorporated
- 2012 - The terminal reached mechanical completion
- Malaysia: Melaka LNG Import Terminal to be Ready in July 2012
- Petronas eyes second LNG facility
- GDF SUEZ concludes a 2.5 million tons of LNG sale to Petronas LNG Ltd
- Qatargas And Petronas Sign Heads Of Agreement For Long-Term LNG Supply To Malaysia
- Hamworthy regas technology selected in Malaysia
- Award of contract for the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Installation and Commissioning (EPCIC) Alliance
- New Wholly Owned Subsidiaries Of Petronas Gas Berhad
- Malaysia’s First LNG Re-Gasification Terminal Reaches Completion
- Statoil Escalating on the Asian market