- Operator: Santos
- Country: Australia
- Location: VIC/P54 in the Bass Strait
- Production start:
- Type: Gas
- Estimated Reserves:
- Production Volume:
- The Longtom field consists of two subsea wells, produced via a pipeline that connects to the existing PaB offshore pipeline and the Patricia Baleen Gas Processing Plant. The development comprises the following:
- Two subsea production wells – Longtom-3 and -4, with facilities to allow the tie-in of a future third well.
- A 17 km 300 mm DN pipeline starting at the Longtom-3 well and connecting into the offshore end of the PaB pipeline.
- A High Integrity Pipeline Protection System (HIPPS) to protect the PaB pipeline against overpressure from the higher-pressure Longtom wells.
- A subsea umbilical extension connected to the existing PaB umbilical line that provides electrical, hydraulic and chemical services to the Longtom wells and Longtom and Patricia Baleen pipelines.
- 1995 - The Longtom Gas Field was discovered by BHP
- 2004 - Second appraisal well drilled
- 2007 - Gas processing contract signed
- Patricia Baleen Operations and Maintenance
- Santos finalises Longtom contract
- VIC/P54 Operator Rejects $171 Million Hostile Takeover Bid