- Ownership: Sonara (Société Nationale de Raffinage)
- Government of Cameroon (66%)
- TOTAL (18%)
- ExxonMobil Corporation (8%)
- Shell International Ltd (8%)
- Location: Cape Lemboh Limbe, Cameroon
- Capacity: 2.1 million tons/annum & 45,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Crude unit 45,000
- Catalytic reformer 11,000
- Naphtha hydrotreater 12,000
- Distillate hydrotreater 3,500
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- light crude oil imported from Nigeria, Equatorial Guinea and Angola
- napthta, butane, gas oil and fuel oil
- For full details see Limbe Refinery Project
- Cameroon's state-owned oil SONARA oil refinery has signed a 45 billion CFA franc ($98.25 million) loan deal to raise production capacity from 2.1 to 3.5 million tonnes a year.
- The upgrade project will also enable Cameroon's sole refinery to process the heavy crude that Cameroon produces, not just light grades that it imports.
- Cegelec, an international group providing technological services to companies and public authorities, has signed a turnkey contract (EPCC) with Cameroon’s Société Nationale de Raffinage (Sonara) to upgrade the management system and replace the instrumentation and control systems at the country’s sole refinery.
- 1981 Refinery Commissioned
- Information from Mbendi
- Sonara refinery upgrade in Cameroon
- Cameroon to upgrade oil refinery to run its own crude