- Ownership: Petrochina
- Website: http://www.cnpc.com.cn/en/
- Capacity: 10.0 million tons/annum & 200,000 bbl/day
- Nelson Complexity:
- Refining Depth:
- A medium / large refinery - petrochemicals complex, with cracking capability
- Atmospheric Distillation
- Vacuum Distillation
- CCR Unit
- delayed coking
- Crude Oil:
- Refined Products:
- Russian-sourced crude
- It can supply over 2.6 million metric tons of high-grade diesel fuel to market every year while providing sufficient industrial chemicals for downstream operations. Meanwhile, as a major manufacturer of aromatic hydrocarbon and its derivatives in China, the company produces 700,000 metric tons of paraxylene, 150,000 metric tons of benzene, 60,000 metric tons of orthoxylene, 800,000 metric tons of PTA and 140,000 metric tons of adipic acid every year.
- An upgrade, minor expansion project was completed in 2010, increasing complexity.
- Liaoyang Petrochemical is one of China's leading Russian-sourced crude processors and aromatic hydrocarbon manufacturers. The company is equipped with 61 large-scale refining and chemical processing installations, including a 200Kt/a ethylene unit, a 70Kt/a polyethylene unit, a 50 Kt/a polypropylene unit and a 200Kt/a glycol unit.
- 2009 - Construction begins on upgrade project
- 2010 - New hydrocracker & hydrotreater commissioned
- Sinopec Engineering References
- Petrochina Refining
- CNPC: Completed Upgrading Of Russia Crude-Fed Liaoyang Refinery
- Construction commences of China's first Russian crude oil refining project