- Operator: Tullow
- Country: Namibia
- Discovered: 1974
- Production start:
- Partners: Namcor / Gazprom
- Type: Gas
- Estimated Reserves: 1.4 TCF of proven reserves
- Production Volume:
- Discovered in 1974, the license has been held by a number of companies including Royal Dutch Shell, Chevron Texaco and Energy Africa.
- 2004 - Tullow Oil acquired Energy Africa for US$570 million and with its 90% interest in the license.
- 2007 - Tullow Oil sold 20% of the project to Itochu. The remaining 10% is held by Namibian state oil company Namcor
- 2007 - Kudu-8 appraisal well was unsuccessful
- 2010 - Namcor and Russian gas company Gazprom agreed to establish a special purpose company to take a majority stake in the Kudu gas field.
- 2011 - Gazprom decided not to proceed
- Wikipedia Page
- Tullow Oil in Namibia
- Namcor, About Us
- Gazprom acquire majority stake in Kudu gas field
- New partner introduced to Kudu project
- Kudu-8 appraisal well update